Reliable and respected content providers have contributed more than 1400 reference works in over 75 languages to Babylon's public database of dictionaries, encyclopedias and glossaries.
These reference works provide both translations and definitions of terminology in a broad range of subjects, covering topics such as computers, technology, business and finance, law, medicine and health, arts, music and entertainment, and more.
Babylon’s free repository of reference content includes such high quality sources as:
- Wikipedia Encyclopedia in 20 languages
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics: BTS Transportation Expressions
- Campbell R. Harvey (Duke University): Hypertextual Finance Dictionary
- CIA World Factbook
- Denis B. Howe: Free Online Dictionary of Computing
- European Commission (EUROPA): Glossary of Justice and Home Affairs
- Lloyd Duhaime: Legal Dictionary
- Monash University: Marketing Dictionary
- National Cancer Institute (NCI): Dictionary of Cancer Terms
- Princeton University: WordNet
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO): Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) Glossary
Free content glossaries are available from the Babylon website, and are designed as add-ons for use with the Babylon software client.
- Users can download free content glossaries to their computer and have access to the content when they are disconnected from the Internet or their network server.
- Users can add glossary links to Babylon, and get results only when they are connected to the Internet or their network server.